Saturday, September 20, 2008

Quick, Sell EVERYTHING!!

This was by far the craziest week I've ever seen since working in the financial industry. Wednesday it seems like everyone was calling to close their accounts and put everything into cash after the second day that week the market had dropped 400+ points on the Dow. We tried to tell people that the market can go up just as quickly as it drops and if that happens they are going to miss out if they are just sitting in cash. The next two days the market was up about 8%. Compared to that they got .01% sitting in money markets. Who knows whats gonna happen going forward but I know I'm glad I didn't cash out. I didn't really talk too much about Garrett's first day of school. The funniest thing about was Kristel totally stressing out about what he was gonna wear but I think he ended up looking pretty cute...


How do I look, Mom?
Watch out, ladies, here I come.
Garrett's never been shy of the camera.
Sister has to be in on the action too.

Garrett and his friend, Luke.

So after being in school for a few days I asked him what he has been learning. He said, "Nothing, the teacher just stands up and talks all day, she doesn't teach us anything." Yeah, I had a few of those too!! But he seems to be doing really well. He reads anything he can get his hands on. His teacher even says he is a very good listener. At least he listens to someone. Jackie is jabbering like crazy, it is so funny. You know she is saying something, we just have no idea what it is. She does say "mom" and "uh-oh." The latter phrase comes in handy all the time.

4 comments:

Stoddard's said...

oh they are so cute! hey i think that i need to email and invite you to my blog so I'll need to call Kristel for it!

Stoddard Family said...

I can't believe how big they are getting! I can't wait for Kris to come down in November.

Karen and Adam said...

Adam told me you guys have a blog. How fun! Garrett is one handsome little man!!

brett and carly said...

What a stud! I love that kid. :) And yeah... it's been crazy in our office too. There were customers who got sold AIG products just the week before who would come in the office crying!

PS - Susan - I need an invite to your blog too!!! :)