Thursday, September 11, 2008


So, I'm not really sure how I am supposed to start this thing but I figured (or rather was forced by my sister, Carly) to step into the 21st century and do a blog. Last week Kristel and I celebrated our ninth wedding anniversary. I can't believe somebody actually has put up with me for that long. I didn't do a great job of planning it so everything was pretty last minute and so we decided to just take a drive up north. It's peach days in Brigham City and so we drove through there and got a bunch of peaches that Kristel wanted to jar up. There was a fruit stand about every 1/4 of a mile and so we just picked one and then kept going on up north. We stopped in Logan for a couple of hours, went to an antique shop and a couple of other cool sites there. Logan is a beautiful town. I wouldn't mind moving up there but I don't think I would be able to find work. From there we went up into Idaho. I don't know why, we had just never been there before so we figured, "What the heck?" We stayed in a small town called Soda Springs in a really cool, old hotel. It was built in 1917 but was restored in 2001 and so was in great shape but had a very vintage feel about it. Just behind it was the only captive geyser in the world. Don't ask me what that means but they were quite proud of the fact. We went out and saw that in the morning before heading back home and boy did that thing stink. We had a nice scenic drive back home, we even saw some buffalo. I had to go back to work the next day but that was Friday so after one day of work I got another two off. I could get used to that schedule. On Monday, Kristel sent me a picture of Jackie that was hilarious. I guess she decided she wanted to start learning how to swim and did not want to wait until we got a pool. She is obsessed with the bathroom and loves to play in the toilet and unravel all the toilet paper. Garrett just started kindergarten and is doing very well. The week before they start class they have to go in for some assessments and one of the things they do is read a story to the children, one on one, and ask some questions to see how well they listen and absorb it. Garrett decided he should read it to the teacher and so he took the book from her and read it to her. She was pretty impressed. He is still a total ball of fire and never seems to run out of energy. The kids are actually our whole life. They wear us out but it is a good kind of worn out.

2 comments:

brett and carly said...

Yay for your blog!!! :) I had never heard that story about Garrett reading the teacher the story... does he know how to read well enough to be able to do that? Excellent first post. Now I want to take a trip to Soda Town (or whatever it's called) just to check out that hotel. :)

Laine said...

So happy that you have a website!!!! Love reading about you and your family!! See, Carly was right, you need to be a blogger in the new world!! So much to be said about stay at home moms! Kudo's to Kristel for giving up her career for your children. It makes all the difference in the world. Noble is in kindergarten this year too. His teacher is blown away by how well he can read. He is really smart!! They other day, he picked out the theme song to Indianna Jones....by ear...by himself!! It was a big mom moment for me!!!! He also plays the theme song to Star wars! Kids are crazy smart these days. Anyway, so glad you have a site I can come visit you at! You can visit my site too, I will send you the link via snail mail!! Big Hugs!!!! Love you!