Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Out of the Mouths of Babes!!

Kids say the funniest things. Even sometimes it is something so simple but sounds so funny coming from them. Lately I have not been Daddy to Jackie, I am now John. Kristel said yesterday Jackie got out of bed went into our room woke up Kristel and asked "Where's John?" If I go upstairs to do something you can hear her down there yelling at the top of her lungs "JOHN, 'MERE." She is getting good with her animal sounds to, but those come out so funny sometimes. To her a cow says "BOOOOO." She is obsessed with animals. Anytime she sees a dog or a horse on TV she starts to go nuts. It's hillarious.

Garrett is just as funny. He was hungry and wanted a snack the other day and thought that some Ritz crackers sounded good. When he asked Kristel for some she explained to him that she had eaten the rest of them earlier that day. Now keep in mind she is pregnant and gets really sick if she doesn't eat every couple of hours. Garrett proceeded to say to her "There's no food left, Mommy. You eat all of it." Not too long after that we were sitting down for breakfast and He and I were drinking some orange juice. He asked me why orange juice was so sour sometimes. I explained that it was because it has a lot of acid in it (I don't know if that was right, but is sounded good). His response: "I hate ass, Dad. Ass makes it taste bad." Yes, son, it does.

4 comments:

brett and carly said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love those kids!!! Only 4 more days! :)

brett and carly said...

PS - Boo has a blog now too... booharvey.blogspot.com

Stoddard Family said...

John, are you training Garrett for Uno already? You guys really need to come down sometime when it is only you guys, we haven't had a good game night in a realllllly long time now. Jackie totally reminds me of miss Annie. When I came home from the hospital with Brigs, she called me Betsy for days. Cows used to say boo for her too. Good thing we have a couple of "normal" cousins.

Karen and Adam said...

You gotta love the things kids say. Emma said that Karen looks like a hippo now that she is seven months along. Ashley also calls me Adam, it is so funny to hear her calling us by our first names.